Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Summer Love

I blame Justin Timberlake, but I am itching for a summer love. With August quickly approaching and fall soon to be on the horizon, I want to pause these summer months so I can head to the beach, put on a short skirt and some flip flips and dance until the sun comes up at an outdoor party. I want to lounge on the sand until my boredom gets the best of me and I join in on a casual game of touch football. I want to drink margaritas with cute straws and umbrella decorations. I really want to doze while laying on a boat rocking on the sea.

Oh, but wait. I hate summer, don't I? I hate to be hot and living in Virginia sort of is a promise of being hot from May until the end of September. I haven't even been to the beach yet this summer season so I am not apt to wish for more heat, I just want it to be fall already! I don't feel like summer is prime time for me to find some lovin'. Summer sucks unless one is on vacation, in my opinion. Otherwise, it just makes the everyday more uncomfortable. How am I supposed to look hott when it's too humid to straighten my hair and my eyeliner melts off my face? Cold weather months are much better for finding love, in my opinion. I think Mr. JT needs to write the song, "Winter Love," an instant hit with NotCarrie!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Go up to Bethany or Rehobeth for the weekend. They import a bunch of hot, young Eastern Europeans to work at the shops and restaurants. Perfect choice for a summer fling.

You can thank me later.

jo said...

i say sunshine is better than rain anyday. it's just that nasty humidity thing...

dang this morning i was just thinking bout how i need to make out and now you're talking bout summer love...

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I can't stand that song! I love his other stuff, but that one just annoys me! Not even the words.. Just the overall sound and feel!

Starting Today
I See Dc

NotCarrie said...

mm- Oooh, good idea. Actually, my sister and I are headed up there in August:)

jo- Well, not rain. I just like it colder. November is ideal!

Startingtoday- Oh I love it.