- It was definitely long, but I didn't feel like it was too drawn out.
- If anything, I would have cut out more of the Samantha parts-she tends to annoy me. It was good to finally see a wang in a movie that wasn't on Kevin Bacon. Especially after all the breasts.
- Speaking of...the Mirana sex scene was crazy! Whoa! Had she ever done one like that in the show?
- I love Steve.
- The fashion was definitely fun. My favorites were the couture wedding dresses, of course.
- The best scene (acting wise) was when Charlotte yells at Big after he doesn't show up at the wedding. And when Carrie yells, "Get me out of here!" It was very "Sandra Oh".
- I was going to turn the movie off if Steve didn't show up on the bridge. I'm still not happy that Samantha and Smith broke up-that's bullshit.
- Lily was super cute, but also a big trouble maker with that phone!
- Jennifer Hudson as Carrie's assistant didn't bother me as much as I expected her to. She was worst when she came off as kind of stupid and with no depth. She kind of oscillated between okay and stupid.
- I want Charlotte's apartment. Or Carrie's new one!
- Did they ever mention or show Carrie's parents during the show?
- So now they're saying they might have a second movie? What will the plot be for that, though?
- Miranda is so pretty when she has a lot of eye makeup on! (Not that she does not usually.)
- I loved the Valentine's Day scene with the balloons, haha!
- Carrie is a freak petite. This was obvious when Big proposed and was almost her height when on bended knee. I am glad I'm tall.
- I was glad Charlotte got some real scene instead of her usual stuff (like when she was in the shower in Mexico...it's just so...fake.)
- Samantha is my least favorite because every word she speaks sounds like she's doing voiceover for a p0rno.
- Carrie looked super hott as a brunette! Darker is better, my friends.
- That is all.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Posted by NotCarrie
I finally saw the Sex And The City movie last night. The others saw it on opening night or something, but I was not into the idea of paying too much to see it at midnight in a crowded audience. I'm a fan of matinees months after a movie came out where we're the only ones in the theatre. But enough about when I didn't see it! Here are my thoughts (Oh, and if there's actually another person who hasn't seen it yet, there are spoilers ahead, I guess):
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Posted by NotMiranda
You knew we'd mention it eventually! With the movie right around the corner, it gives us all a chance to relive the fun and drama we experienced with the series. I, personally, am looking for any chance to drool over Chris Noth. Despite the name and premise of this blog, we are not some weird fanatics. The series just provided such great eye candy (hello...the city...the fashion...the men) and a chance have someone else act out and analyze our issues.
Anyway, on to more important things...parties. What better way to enjoy the show than with a cosmo? After noticing the Austin Alamo Drafthouse was showing the movie complete with the cosmo experience, I decided that we (the Not girls) needed to find the right DC experience. What did I find? Absolutely nothing. No bars, no alternative theaters...DC seems to care about nothing but the upcoming election. However, if you live just about anywhere else in the U.S., someone is looking out for you. Just check out the special SATC premiere parties happening across the country...
- Party it up at Blu Sushi in Naples, Florida.
- The Centaur Bar in Detroit, Michigan is even raffling off a pair of Manolos.
- Bid on a pair of tickets to the NYC premiere. The proceeds benefit Oxfam (great organization, btw).
- In Dallas, even the big D has a party.
- Kansas City is celebrating Sex and the City passion party-style.
- I have a feeling the place to be and be seen with be the NYC premiere party on the 27th. Radio City Music Hall and MoMA. Holla.
- Columbus, Ohio is premiering the movie on the 27th and streaming the NYC premiere. Then head over the Bar of Modern Art on the 29t for a kickin' party.
So what are we doing? Well, I do believe we'll be settling into a nearby bar with cosmos and long islands prior to heading to the local midnight premiere. If you want to join us, drop a comment.