I'm so over the metrosexual man. I can be a real beast and need a man with the balls and stamina to tame me. Wondering whether the man I'm flirting with is gay is no longer fun or intriguing. First, let's start with an example of NotMiranda's metrosexual man. Consider the following bullet points.
The metrosexual man...
- spends more time getting ready than I do.
- always has to check his hair when we pass any reflective surface.
- cries when those Johnson & Johnson holiday commercials come on.
- considers the head bop dancing.
- is unwilling to make a fool of himself for the sake of fun.
- refuses to kill bugs for me.
- thinks Taylor from American Idol can sing.
Don't get me wrong...I do want a man with some sensitivity and a kind heart. He just also needs to...
- have the balls to stand up to me and tell me I'm being a bitch when I am.
- not be afraid to play a little rough when I want him to.
- be willing to drop everything and just go at the drop of a hat.
- consider swearing a creative use of language.
- stick up for the underdog...even if it means getting all manly and sweaty doing it.
I'm looking for a fictional tv character like Luke or Mr. Big and hope I manage to stumble on something close sometime soon.