So while I would love to have the job of interviewing hundreds of men, I just don't have the time (or the patience). Thanksfully, someone else did and I'm hoping their findings help somehow! Even if just for a laugh or two. The following is what I have learned:
1. A date breaker for 59% of men is a woman who lives 50+ miles away. This worries me since my prime "find men" spots are usually 50 miles away. I hope noone I am interested in mapquests my house.
2. 24% of women say they just can't find the right guy or have high expectations. I used to limit myself by having crazy expectations but I think that was a cover up for being shy. I don't have either of these problems anymore. But maybe there should be a section on "convincing the right guy that you are the right girl".
3. 24% of women rely on friends and family to find dates (higher than finding them online or at work) while 18% of men are trying to find women online. Um, isn't this like 2 + 2 equaling cow? And if I'm not trying online dating am I doomed? Should this worry me?
4. It's pretty funny that 78% of women and 71% of men say they never lie. "Hey honey, how much do you weigh?" DING DING DING!
5. As for what is the ideal first date? Both men and women seem to agree that dinner is the way to go. It amuses me that dinner with a movie is a separate option. Like, adding a movie is just 'too much' for that first date. "I'm sorry but dinner AND a movie? We're not married!"
6. This is crazy: a man's first thing they are attracted to with a woman is their physical appearance while a woman first looks for humor. There are almost too many jokes to make here but I have a feeling a facial would be better in the long-run;)
7. And from the Stone Ages: almost half of the women surveyed said they would not call after the first date and expect the man to. Where does texting and email come into play here? I hate calling pretty much anyone so can I really expect someone else to do all of the calling? At a certain point you need to suck it up and just call.
8. S-E-X and when to have it. Roughly the same number of women say in about 1-3 months while men say on the 2nd or 3rd date. I guess we can compromise and spread out the first few dates over a 2 month period. Awesome. "Let's get it ooonnnnn! Ayyyy!"
9. Ok seriously, a woman will have sex after a month but the majority only want a kiss on the cheek after the first date? I mean, if there's a connection on the date I want some lip locking! (Hell, at this point, I don't even require a connection;) Why go through first-date awkwardness if there's going to be no reward at the end of the night.
10. Still don't think I'm ready for internet dating. I followed the links and entered my zip code. Terrified at the number of men with pictures that popped up from my small town, I quickly closed the window and vowed to get out more. (Out, far, far away...like, 50 miles away far!)