Monday, October 31, 2005

Satisfaction

NotCharlotte's Halloween party on Friday was a good fit...the right number of people, an eclectic mix, everyone in costumes. I noticed a common thread running among all of guests that hasn't really been commented on. Perhaps I only notice it is there because I am aware of it lurking behind my eyes, too. Look into the eyes of any of the revelers that evening and you would have seen a desire...a desire for more. No one there was fully satisfied with where they were at that given moment. I'm not talking about the physicality of being at NotCharlotte's. Everyone had a great time and definitely wanted to be there. It's just that, for some reason, while we were all busy being someone or something else our desire for that unattainable became more visible.

2 comments:

NotCharlotte said...

I for one wanted to get some action. That was the look in MY eyes.

But not from NotGerman.

NotCarrie said...

I haven't commented on this because I don't like to sound like I'm not happy with where I am (not location). I like to focus on the positive. On Friday though, I was a little disappointed about a few things and wishing things were different. But it's partly my own fault so it's okay!