Thursday, July 21, 2005

Is the market that tight

Went out to a new place last night (Bungalows) with NotCharlotte and a couple of her coworkers. The place itself wasn't bad. I might actually go back. I witness a phenomenon that is definitely not new but did fill my head with rhetorical questions. What I'm most curious about is in what society are balding/graying white men with beer guts deemed a hot commodity? Last night I witnessed younger, attractive women flirting with men like this. Everyone said DC was a tough singles market, but for some reason, it became all too clear last night that this might be the case.

3 comments:

NotCarrie said...

I don't mind observing the young woman/balding guy phenomenon but I don't want to unwillingly partake in it. I've found the same thing at Bungalows, it's weird. (Is it bad it makes it less bad if they buy me drinks though?)

NotMiranda said...

I guess I don't like drinking enough to let someone I'm not remotely interested pay for my beverage. I'd feel obligated in some way.

As for the general phenomenon, it makes me wonder what's out there for the rest of us to. If the young "hotties" (can't believe I just used that word) are going after the older guys, then what does that relegate me to? Should I start looking at the NotElliot's of the world or am I supposed to find that father figure I've always wanted?

NotCarrie said...

Note: It IS a weird thing to have a drink purchased for you and you're right, theres a sense of obligation there that I don't like one bit. Sometimes the guy is just nice but I've had a few shady experiences when he seemed to think I owed him something.