Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Death Knell...

Last night I sounded the death knell of my friends with benefits relationship with NotSkippy. Point blank I decided that I just couldn't do it anymore. We could be "just friends" and that would have to be it.

I won't be staying over on Fridays anymore.
I will be taking better care of me.
I won't be asking him to go with me to everything I do.
I will be making sure I go on more dates.
I won't be hanging out with him for incredible amounts of time.
I will be keeping to myself for a bit and rediscover me.

And that's that. I'm tired of trying to rationalize what he wants versus what he tells me. I'm also tired of reading in between the lines and trying to figure out if what he says is really what he means.

I'm worth more, and if he doesn't want me, then too bad for him.

5 comments:

MEP said...

That's right! You should not be settling for a guy that "isn't sure." Good for you.

NotSamantha said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence and now on with the ceremonial changing of hair to signify this change in my life.

NotMiranda said...

You are worth it, and I'm truly sorry it ended this way. I'm proud of you, though, for knowing you deserve more.

NotCarrie said...

His loss, of course.

NotSamantha said...

Damn straight its his loss...of course I'm still his friend, which is just fine...*sigh*

Now for life altering hairstyle of fun!