Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Dance Of (Not) Love

I'm either dancing to Paula Abdul, "Two steps forward, One step back" or it's a middle school dance with boys on one side and girls on the other. At the moment the dance seems to be over and all that is left is ripped crepe paper and warm punch.

There was never any real dancing.


But even when I'm sure that I'm only convincing myself that there is even a dance to attend, something little happens to give me hope once again. It's so frustrating. Unfortunately, high school dances weren't much better. And just when I was about to make the same statement about college dances I was reminded of Grad Ball. I had a hot date who held my mini bottle of alcohol and was a good dancer and I took the initiative to dance with a few other guy friends.


INITIATIVE..Maybe it should be the word of the day. Another good word for the day would be THEME as apparently I don't know what this word means because this blog entry is all over the place.

Apologies.

1 comment:

NotMiranda said...

God how I hated those dances. Even when you went with a boy or had a "boyfriend" it was like pulling teeth to get them to dance. Initiative is important. You've spurred me to think about what I need in my life. Initiative is especially important when talking about the person you're "dancing" with.