Sunday, May 15, 2005

Annnnnnnnd KISS!

Can I just say how sick I am of watching movies that have first kisses in them? They are the poorest representation of actuality and only serve to make me angry that the real ones aren't that easy. You know what I'm talking about:
-both parties lock eyes
-often the gaze shifts to the lips
-both parties lean in at the same time
-there are fireworks in the background
-both parties know the level of intensity (read: tongue) to reach
-world peace is achieved.

Going along with the need for all males to wear nametags declaring their sexual orientation and availibility, I hereby declare the need for some sort of "kissometer." Something to let us know when, and if, they want to lock lips.


I'd be willing to wear one if they would. Things would probably be a lot easier, smoother, and quicker!

3 comments:

NotCarrie said...

But what about those weird scenarios when you really don't know if they want to kiss?

Cheryl said...

You forgot the rain! It's almost always raining for the big movie kiss!

NotCarrie said...

Oh yes, the rain. I love the rain kisses.
I had a rain kiss once but it really wasn't that romantic in retrospect.