Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The First Move

Am I right or am I right that the man should make the first move? I know they feel differently but really, they have less to lose. If I make the first move and he rejects me then I'm desparate and will go cry into my pillow all night. If he gets rejected by a girl then he's just a jerk...but a confident assertive jerk!
This reminds me of a time...
I met this guy NotMike on the internet through another friend who met him through the wonderful webpage www.makeoutclub.com . We all became friends and talked about hanging out and visiting him at his college (all of my "men" are younger, hence them being boys) and getting him drunk. Anyway, I can't remember a detailed timeline of times we hung out one night he decided to meet me at my apartment and then we would go meet the other friend in DC for a show. Fast forward to the drive home and NotMike asking if he could stay at my apartment and drink the alcohol I had promised I had. Well, this made me excited and nervous at the same time. I had definitely developed a little crush on NotMike but assumed he wanted my friend (who also had developed a little crush on him).
Anyway, fast forward to us lying in my bed talking. TALKING. TALLLKKKIINNNGGG...Until almost 5 in the morning. It took us 3 hours to migrate close enough to each other to be touching and longer still for it to even feel like a kiss could occur. I even blurted out at one moment that I really liked him (he asked). And still, more talking...and migrating.
Finally, after what seemed like 3 short lifetimes, he kissed me. And it was a slight letdown.


The moral of the story is, if he had been the jerk and kissed me at 1am we could have had a really good night.

Note: I did win the bet among myself and two friends for who could make out with someone from makeoutclub.com first though.

1 comment:

NotMiranda said...

I am definitely of the camp that it's better for him to make the first move (when showing initial interest). Of course, sometimes a girl gets tired of waiting and has to take matters into her own hands.