Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sleep Face

I can't breathe. No, really. If I ever get kidnapped and they put duct tape over my mouth, I am going to pass out and/or die. As a result, I sometimes snore, too. I like to think it's endearing, but to a light sleeper, it might not be. In addition to that, I do not have one of those pleasant 'sleep faces' as I call them. Some people, when they sleep, look just like they do when awake. They look peaceful, and calm, and not weird at all. I, on the other hand, feel like I look like...well, let's not get descriptive. Usually when I sleep in the midst of another person, I sleep very lightly so as not to fall into this unattractive* state I have. Sometimes, though, a girl is tired (and/or drunk) and light sleeping is just not an option. I know my Sleep Face is not going to be a deal breaker or anything, but at some point, I'm going to fall asleep first, and on my back or something, and then all bets will be off. Like I said, I hope it's endearing.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

P.S. And just to clarify, I don't look like Satan after a long night or anything. Heavens no! I just look like I'm sleeping.


P.P.S. I can only speak for myself, but I'm probably not going to talk through differences on this blog. If they were blog related, then maybe, but there's really no point on so many levels.


*Relatively unattractive. I could never really be so;)

7 comments:

Passionista said...

Never thought about sleep face! That seems like another thing I don't want to worry about. How did you figure out what you look like sleeping?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Most people look so peaceful. I've seen pictures of myself sleeping and I look so angry. It's my Nurse Ratched face.

Ashburnite said...

Not sure how I look when I'm sleeping, but I'm pretty sure (if the way I look when I wake up is any indication) it's not good.

Have you seen a dr. about the breathing/snoring problem? My boyfriend snores pretty badly, and he's not a smoker or overweight, so I kept pushing him to see a dr. turns out, he needs surgery- he's in danger of sleep apnea. You probably want to have it checked out.

NotCarrie said...

Passionista- Haha, I think my sister took a pic of me while sleeping.

Anon- I like to think peaceful people get less good sleep;)

Ashburnite- It's from allergies.

Anonymous said...

The deal breaker is how much drool is on the pillows. ;)

Dateless in Detroit said...

Thanks for giving me something else to worry about now. HAHA! Love it. I dont think anyone's sleep face can be pretty.

ooh, gotta go, wierd ruckus in my condo stairwell by wierd neighbors. :(

~dateless in detroit

Anonymous said...

My Sister said i looked dead when I'm sleeping! She said it looked like my boyfriend was cuddling a corpse! If thats not a turn off I don't know what is!