Saturday night I went out to help NotBeauty celebrate her 21st birthday.
Yep, that's right, your eyes did not deceive you. I helped someone celebrate their 21st birthday. Since its been seven years since my own, this was quite nostalgic for me. I dressed to semi-impress and with keys, cash and attitude in hand I headed out for NotBilliards.
And was completely thrown for a loop at the couplehood that was there.
NotASong and NotABarber
NotBeauty and NotBruceLee
NotANympho and NotMoney
and so on and so on and so on.
In short. I was the odd woman out, without a date that is. And before I let myself descend into my own one woman pity party, I considered the options.
1) Make my excuses and go home early.
2) Hit on someone's date (such a bad bday party faux pas)
3) Hit on some of the innocent bystanders
4) Drink enough to numb myself to the fact that I was at another party without my 'part' leaving me with 'y'.
5) Make the best of the situation by reveling with friends and the vowing to find someone to go to the next shindig where large groups would be in attendance.
My choice was a combo of 4 and 5. I got a pleasant buzz on and thought about what I would need to do to remedy my current dateless situation. Which is quite interesting as I don't like to go out much to any of the places where I could do a meet and greet with members of the opposite sex. I've decided to take a new method for jumping back into the dating pool. I'm going to hit up my already paired off friends for possible dating material amongst their single male friends.
*crosses fingers and prays she doesn't regret this later*