Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm Bringing Sexy Back

Call me crazy, but I feel hotter and (I can't believe I'm saying this) sexier now that my hair is long again. I have an amazing hair stylist who took me on a journey from very long up to about chin length in the course of a year and while I loved all the different looks he gave me, I'm excited to have long hair again.

Last January my hair was cute and flippy and I loved it, but I wouldn't have called it sexy. I'm not sure how the male population felt about it, but I'd like to think I would have gotten an A+ from the fashionable Elle or something. Fast forward a year later and my hair has grown into a style and length I am really enjoying (and I'm hoping others are, too *wink*). It's to the point of rating well in a Cosmo survey of most desirable length in a male reader poll. You know what I'm talking about, right? They often report that men prefer long hair on a women and I've even heard the same from guys I know in real life. So, is it true, guys? Do you have a preference when it comes to our hair? Or is it like shoes where you really could not care less?

13 comments:

Px said...

i've got to say that long hair always looks better than short
and if that was a recent shot you sent me then i'd have to say that yes you are looking sexy and hot

nice :)

Me said...

Cheers to feeling sexy, darling! :)

NotCharlotte said...

I love having long hair too! It's to the point where I don't want my hairstylist to cut it EVER!

There are days when I miss having chin length hair that made me look pixie-ish, but you're right, that never made me feel "sexy."

Thumbs up to long hair!

NotMiranda said...

Yeah, I'm liking my hair longer and have definitely been getting more positive feedback. ; )

James said...

I love long hair, although I'm more tolerant of short hair than I once was.

And I, for one, definitely notice a woman's shoes.

Tinsley said...

My manbeef likes my hair on the longish side. Out of all a handful of past men, all but one preferred longer locks.

NotCarrie said...

PX-It was a very recent shot, but don't tell anyone you have it!;)

Me- Woohoo!

NotCharlotte- Yeah, sometimes I have to tell myself resist cutting it choppy again.

NotMiranda- Love love love positive feedback:)

Coatman- Don't look today. I don't like what I'm wearing today.

Tinsley- Yeah, I don't know why so many like it long.

Starboard Tack said...

I always prefer hair that is shoulder-length or longer ... it is much sexier.

Mary Kate + Joe Battles said...

I had my hair pretty short for the past few years, but in '06 I grew it out- I get a lot of compliments on it and I too feel sexier! It's funny, but I love it the most when I'm wearing a tank top and I can feel my hair on my back... is it weird? Cuz I think it's hot! :-)

allan said...

crazy ;)

(thanks for making it easy to throw these out :))

NotCarrie said...

Har har, Allan.

jo said...

i've had various hair lengths in the past ranging from almost pixie cut to near waist length. but i've always loved shorter hair. i've been wearing my hair short and flippy for a couple of years now and i've gotten nothing but compliments from guys bout how much they like my hair (i've even had guys pick me up with that line). maybe it's just bout what hairstyle you look best in rather than the length of your hair. and if you feel sexy, i think the guys will naturally think you're sexy.

Virginia Belle said...

ugh, men totally like long hair. my guy friends get so mad at me when i cut it at all. but my face is realy round, so i look bad with hair that is too long. my hair is thin and fine and straight, so it gets stringy. ugh.

i recently cut a little off, and it looks so much better. my guy friends did not approve. i told them to bite me. some days, i miss it, though. it is sexy. :)

they are relieved to hear i'll never have my hair too short. if i can't tuck it behind my ears, it's too short.