Thursday, November 24, 2005

Tis the season...oh bugger that, just shut up and kiss me...!

The holidays bring out the best and worse in all of us. But for me they always seem to be a time to reflect on my relationships with the opposite sex...or lack thereof. Now before you go running off because you're afraid this is another post about not having that special someone during the holiday season, I am here to assure you that this post will be nothing like that...at least it won't start out that way.

While I was attached last year to someone (read NotSkippy), I find that this year I'm not so inclined to want to partner up for the sake of a person to kiss on New Years or someone to exchange sappy gifts with.

Right now my goings on with the members of the opposite sex have a lot to do with mutual gratification and scratching an itch than with trying to make sense of the relationship thing and finding the ONE that I want to spend the rest of my life with (if that will even happen). Instead I find myself content with just the physical relationships I'm developing with men...and surprisingly, I don't feel bad about it at all.

So while I'm sure others are moping about trying to make heads or tales of who to kiss on New Years eve I have this advice for you.

Grab the first hot guy that walks by you and lay one on him. Stop worrying about who you'll be with for the rest of your life and live in the now. Because, as cliched as it sounds, tomorrow's promised to no one, including you.

2 comments:

NotCarrie said...

Mmmmm this reminds me of my great New Years Eves out-when I haven't had a special someone but come home having kissed someone anyway. Loves it!

NotSamantha said...

And just to put you ladies on notice...I will be playing on New Year's eve this year. I've just got to pay for my ticket and I'll be there. Me, DC and a spreader bar...