Monday, September 19, 2005

Time Out

When I am tired I get frustrated and when I get frustrated I tend to make rash decisions. Luckily for me and those around me, my rash decisions usually don't last. However, today I have so far decided to quit my second job, to move to another city, and to focus my 'crush' energies elsewhere, etc. I don't know why I do this, make such big decisions so quickly. Nothing really happened to ignite these thoughts I'm having. It's not like there is some new problem at work or things are going differently in other areas of my life.

It's my third area that I'm questioning that is occupying the most of my thought-time. I need to figure out if this falls under my "rash decision" category or if it's something that needs to be considered. I just don't know. "It's complicated" has been uttered by me so often lately.

It's common advice to wait 30 minute after eating to swim, to wait 20 minutes after a meal to feel full, and to wait 15 minutes after trying on pants to really tell if they fit or not. Such trivial advice can be applied to other things too...just wait a little bit to see if that decision is right-if it fits.

1 comment:

NotMiranda said...

You can't move until I have a working car. : (

On a more realistic note, I do think that taking time to mull over decisions is a good thing. Our moods can so often affect what we do at any given moment that I always find I need to give a (major) decision more time to ensure it's something I really want and not something I only want when I'm feeling off.