Thursday, August 04, 2005

All hail the great sex spy

Ha! I know, I know...everyone has these uber-serious posts on love, and here I go making light with another post of my adventures as a sex spy. I can't help it; it was fun!

Last night NotCharlotte and I stalked Cowboy by finding his house and driving by. It turned into a bit of a fiasco when we (1) got super lost and (2) had to drive down a narrow residential street (that was a dead end) in the full light of day. I fully expected to get caught and was totally freaking out. Just the sound of this guy's voice makes my heart race, and being that near his house definitely had my nerves tingling. I was so scared he would walk outside, drive up, etc. Some spy I am!

Even more exciting is the return mission I'm planning with NotCarrie. We are going to to do it right...all black...at night...wigs...telephoto lens camera. The goal being to have fun, hone our skills, and find out if there might be a girl in the picture (I really hope not).

All fun aside, though, I need help figuring out how to approach this guy. Because of our work connection, I don't feel like I can be honest and lay my feelings on the line. However, he's got that special something that makes him too rare to just let him walk out of my life.

4 comments:

NotCarrie said...

My closet is so ready for me to be a spy-black.


And black is the new black!

NotSamantha said...

Perchance you could just ask him out for coffee...or maybe have him come bowling with the crew...or do my thing...go book shopping...He does read, right?!

NotCarrie said...

You don't necessarily have to be asking him to do something in a date way (even though that would be ideal). You could be up front and be like, "Listen, I think you're a cool person and want to at least be friends."

NotCharlotte said...

I think NotSamantha has it right. You should bring up that coffee shop again. Or start with an email...
Good luck with the spying. Hope you remember what his house looks like, considering you wouldn't even look in that general area :-P