Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I happened to glance at a book entitled something to the effect of, "Etiquette For Sassy Women" the other day and the page that caught my attention said something like the following:


After a certain age, a woman must evaluate her relationship and decide if it has a future. If not, end it.


Now, I am grossly paraphrasing as I have forgotten specifics because as soon as I read the statement my mind started running a million different ways. First, wondering who would have the audacity to say such a thing and quickly wondering who the genuis was who wrote it. I have yet to formulate my opinion on the matter but I can't help but wonder:

Is this true? And at what age can a relationship not be casual?

As a 25 year old, should I be searching for Mr. Right or is it still appropriate, or dare I say smart, to aim for a relationship based on attraction and the possibility of having fun. This is easy until one is out of college. Up until then it is expected to date many guys and the few who mention marriage during this time are looked upon as lunatics in a mental insitution.

Part of me disagrees so much with the statement recited above that I can't even organize my thoughts on the matter. But part of me thinks the statement is true and I can only hope the thought doesn't taint future crushes. (25 isn't too old to have crushes, right?)

3 comments:

NotMiranda said...

If 25 is too old for crushes, then I'm doomed at 29. In general, I think that is a really broad statement that takes a lot of things for granted.

Ack...I want to comment so much more, but can't right now! Don't let me forget!

Sass said...

It's true you should look for the right thing. I think to often we allow our sensible minds to lead the heart. Every now and then it's nice to abandon it all.

NotCarrie said...

But should I be thinking about each guy: How long do I see myself with him? That seems so, goal orientated about love or something.
But at the same time, why have fun with a non keeper when you "should" be out finding Mr. Right?