Sunday, April 03, 2005

Worried about Icebreakers...well worry no longer...edit you fool, edit!!!

Recently, I've been on the prowl. The internet prowl. I've put myself out there and am looking for something (not love that's for sure), in what I hope aren't all the wrong places. I think the internet meet and greet scene is that tiny bit of anonymity that people need in order to get that awkward stage of the icebreaker out of the way.

Take for example my present situation.

I'm in conversations with about 5 men that I've met via the web. Two I've spoken to in person and two I've been playing email tag with, one I'm in the process of setting up a date with. (More on that when it happens). Since I've talked to them via the net its been possible for me to get all the awkward and slightly immature things I would say out of the way. I type them out and then before I send the email I reread said bad comments and immediately erase them and come out with something better. Its like being able to edit that final paper before you turn it in to the teacher.

I love it! And with my latest conversation I know I was right on point. I've been talking to my oldest gentlemen friend to date and so far I've managed to keep the idiot comments from slipping out and in their place have selected carefully crafted sentences that leave the listener reeling and waiting for more.

At least I hope they do...

1 comment:

NotMiranda said...

So the old guy shows promise, eh? Alright!