Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Unattainable

A friend recently chose as her one word to describe me, unattainable. This has gotten me thinking. Am I unattainable in the areas of men? Drawing upon recent experiences I've come to the following conclusions:

NotRoger: Am I really not interested in pursuing a relationship with him or am I merely pulling away as he expresses interest? I've been after him for years, trying to work my ways with him so he'll want me and pursue me. Then when he "spills his guts" (his words, not mine) and says he really likes me and is so glad he met me, I stopped being as available to hang out or talk on the phone.

NotJason: Have I talked myself into wanting to be with him because in the back of my mind I knew he wasn't looking for a relationship right now

NotEveryOtherGuy: Is this why I get called a tease? I like the chase but once it's about to be real I say no. Ok, no...I think me being thought of as a tease if because I'm not a slut as often perceived. Back to the subject at hand...

These two cases provide the best evidence of me being unattainable but I have not presented the opposing case:

NotRoger: He is verging on being an alcoholic and while we definitely have the attraction factor, there's not much more there to base a real relationship on. I think its smart to cool things before we are unable to even be friends.

NotJason: I think there is more to my crush than just something to occupy my mind. There has to be. Especially since I've tried to talk myself out of it and just can't. And I can't stop talking about it even with the possibility of being embarassed which is usually enough to shut me up.


I can't conclude on this. I don't have enough experience/evidence.

2 comments:

NotMiranda said...

You've got standards, and that's a good thing! Definitely not a complete Date Diva (as defined by "Dateworthy"). Ok...I totally need to stop reading these books.

NotCarrie said...

I think you're right. Standards aren't a bad thing!