Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Ring of truth

You know you've reached a certain age when one of the first things you check out on a guy is whether or not he's wearing a wedding ring. Don't get me wrong...this isn't something I've only recently begun. Somewhere in my mid-twenties I began to notice ring-peep trend, and it has become second nature by now. I'm tired of it though and feel somewhat deceived by all these couples entering into long-term committed relationships with no desire to get married. There needs to be some kind of relationship badge. You know..."loving, long-term relationship", "we're just dating", "I'm available", "Dating awhile but going nowhere"...that kind of thing.

In other news, I'm going to ask the cowboy out for coffee next week. Screw it. If he's not interested, he's just not interested. I have more to lose by just wondering than I do by actually taking action.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have a nice time with the CowBoy! :-)

NotCharlotte said...

you're my hero!! you know you can do it! i believe in you!!! :-D

NotCarrie said...

yay! now wait...does this mean I now have to do something? When did the tables turn?

NotSamantha said...

YAY! Hold on to your six shooter is going to be a bumpy ride...and we now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.

NotSamantha said...

You know the weird thing. Women ask each other to help out with the ring peep. I had one woman comment to me how hot some guy was and then ask me to check out his hand to see if there was a ring present. At first I thought she was joking and then she walked away got my attention again and made that raised eyebrows, wide eyed look of "well".