Thursday, March 31, 2005

Preface It WIth This

I'm preparing myself to do something I've never done before.

A leap of faith if you will.


I am going to tell a guy that I like him. (Ok ladies, can we get another term for this? I feel so middle school!)

I'm actually not as terrified as I thought I would be. This is most likely because he is that rare male who is nice and aware of people's feelings and wouldn't say something to make someone feel completely rejected (which is my fear, of course). I imagine the following to be the possibilites after I tell him (and by "tell him" I mean stumble over my words a lot, blush and not make enough eye contact):

1. He feels the same way and then we don't know what to do after that. An awkward hug?
2. He feels the same way but a) doesn't want to mess up being friends or b) doesn't have time for a "relationship"
3. He does not feel the same way, at all

However, despite the drastic differences between option 1 and 3, I do believe he will be flattered and will not run away screaming, "NO! HOW GROSS!" which is my glass-half-full thought coming out.

I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

NotMiranda said...

This is going to come off as sounding so parental, but I'm so proud of your boldness : ) You have absolutely nothing to worry about...

You inspire me to approach the cowboy.