Friday, March 25, 2005

Is devious plotting the way to go?

As a woman, do you ever feel like that spider (not the black widow) weaving an ever intricate web just to snag the right man? Whether it's searching for just the right combination of words to sound interested, but not too interested (just in case the feelings aren't returned, or getting a group of friends together just so you can see him, I feel like we (as a gender) spend a lot of time trying to get something the hard way. Is directness the better approach? And, if it is, why is it so hard? I've always been a fan of directness in theory, but reality has shown me that I'm just as much a sucker for setting a good snare as the next girl. There's a guy I really clicked with through work. However, instead of just telling him I'm interested, I'm sending cryptic emails and trying to find a way to see him again. Granted...the fact that we have a professional relationship complicates matters, but is that just my excuse for my cowardliness? I think sometimes I even like the "game" of plotting...getting ever more creative at finding a way for that "magical moment" to happen. Hell, I even aide and abet others. I'm an enabler (sorry NotCarrie), helping friends with their webs. Maybe a good, old-fashioned pro/con list would help sort this out. Is devious plotting the way to go (scroll down)?






ProCon
*limits the chance you'll get hurt*you may never have a clear answer
*can be fun*can be frustrating
*gives the guy an easy out*gives the guy an easy out


The sad thing is that I can't come up with anything else for the list...pro or con. If anyone has any suggestions for things to add,send them on.

No comments: