Monday, March 14, 2005

F-ed up product of my upbringing

Reading NotCharlotte's Saturday evening post and hashing it over first-hand left me reminiscing back to my drunk hookup days and how fucked up they were. Let's face it--NotElliot wanted to hook up, and NotCharlotte exhibited great restraint in not falling into the arms of her former (current?) crush. He smolders (just an observation...I have no designs on him), and if I know NotCharlotte, she was jonesing for him a bit.

We've all been in similar situations...you've had a bit too much to drink...are leaning in close to someone you're interested in...and hear that inevitable, "Do you wanna come back to my place?" that leaves your stomach flipping. The older I get the more I realize how the dichotomy of who I am as a sexual being (speaking only of that particular part of my being at the moment) and how I was raised has created a slew of issues in my dealing with men. I want to go back to their place and intimately be the Lewis and Clark his body never had. In fact, I think I sometimes I drink too much just to give myself the excuse...the freedom...to go back to their place. The problem lies in whether or not I can seal the deal once the door is closed...

I can't give it all away in one post...call me a tease. I'll expound and fill-in-the-blanks later ; )

3 comments:

NotSamantha said...

It's that whole inhibitions thing. Alcohol is that excuse we give to ourselves to let our inhibitions go and be the person we want to be, but most of the time have too much common sense to be...I say have the drink, carry the condom and hope you don't break anything...l'aissez le bon temps roullez...!

NotCharlotte said...

so do you think he asked me that because he knew he had the possiblity of getting some play because i liked him or that he was actually interested in me?

NotCarrie said...

I want to go back to their place and intimately be the Lewis and Clark his body never had.


amazing!