Monday, March 28, 2005

Drop it like it's hot

I don't think I had ever been to the quintessential "meet" market until Friday night. After work, I joined NotCharlotte and others for a couple of drinks at a place called O'Tooles. Little did I know that everyone in FFX Co. under the age of 35 goes there on a Friday night. It was like a smorgasborg of men looking for something to take home at the end of the evening. NotSamantha, if you're looking for a quick fling, here's the place to troll. There truly was someone for everyone. I had a lot of fun just hanging out with the gang and laughing at some of the craziness around me. I even pondered practicing some of my new flirting moves (if only I hadn't been so tired and grungy feeling from working all day). Despite all that, I was left wondering just what lengths we have to go to to "hook" a man. Grinding, jiggling, rubbing...is it really all necessary? Maybe in getting that one night stand heated up, but it's surely not relationship-building material. And even if one wanted to hop into bed with one of these men for a one night stand, isn't there a better way of getting his attention...more subtle? The desperation that seemed to cling to these women made me sad. *sigh*

2 comments:

NotCharlotte said...

they made me want to take a shower. alone. yeech.
remember that dude in the cowboy hat?

NotMiranda said...

Yes...lol...