Tuesday, January 10, 2006

How Soon is Now?

I know I just posted, but deal with it! :-)

So I emailed NotGuitar earlier asking him to an event that the Nots are hosting this Friday.
I didn't want to be a bother, considering we had just gone out Friday evening and I'm not sure of this guys' rules when it comes to conversing after a date, so the email went like this:

Hey,
How's it going?
*details of friday night plans*
Talk to you later,
NotCharlotte.

He responded about an hour ago with a page and a half recounting of how awesome the last two days have been for him, complete with how it connected to stuff we had done together. For example, the place his band played at last night was known formerly as the place where we first hung out. He remembers these things! It's weird. Well, I guess not completely weird, seeing as how that was 3 weeks ago. But still.

This is a good sign, right?

And to the guys who read these ramblings, is there really a rule for how long to wait for conversing after a date?

7 comments:

NotCarrie said...

So is he coming?

NotCharlotte said...

He said that he'll let me know later, it depends on how his week goes...

NotMiranda said...

I, personally, don't think there is a rule for conversing after the first date, but I guess I have my own personal ideas of what I would do. First, after the first date I would wait for him to be the one to contact me. The exception to this rule would be if I decided to email him right away or the very next day and reiterate what a good time I had. I feel like if I waited to contact him and then finally did it would be like I waited but then gave up. I also think he should be dying to get ahold of me if the date was awesome.

NotCharlotte said...

I agree with you, NotMiranda. And I have to admit that I did in fact shoot him an email the day after our "first date." He replied soon after, so I didn't feel weird.
Then, after last Friday's date, he shot me a silly instant message so I emailed him back because he wasn't online anymore.
Perhaps he's a slow mover, which I'm just not used to...

And Tommy, I hope to agree with you too (on him being smitten..) I mean, who WOULDN'T be smitten with me ;-)

NotCharlotte said...

I don't think we're quite ready to divulge our identities...

I-66 said...

psh.. c'mon, what's the hold up? :)

Spyder said...

No there are no set rules.