Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Just Put Your Lips Together...

Like NotCharlotte, I have also begun to worry about my New Year's Eve plans. The past few years I have had AMAZING NYE celebrations. Last year was when I was sort of dating NotRoger so after my normal partying at my favorite bar and of course kissing NotDreds at midnight, I headed down the road to NotRoger's place. Let's just say I was there for awhile.
The year before that I went to my same favorite bar and kissed NotDreds at midnight and had a great time drinking and having a good time with my good friend NotSusan.
The year before that was my NYE to be proud of...the year I kissed 5 people and I'm not just talking pecks on the cheek or even innocent kisses on the mouth. I kissed hot strangers, hot friends, and even had an invitation to continue the evening from one (I declined.)

But this year has me stressing. I was even thinking about it on my drive into work this morning. Who thinks about their plans three weeks away at 730am? I DO! Because I am thinking about this to the point that I almost just want to stay home to avoid the stress and expectations of that night. If I go to my favorite bar then I can probably kiss NotDreds again but I'm not even sure of the situation of going there with NotSusan. If I hang around closer to my usual stomping grounds then I'm fairly certain I will go home disappointed and without a kiss. I like to be spontaneous but I also like for certain things to go a certain way and me getting kissed on January 1st is essential.

But what about this...My January 1st kiss can happen AFTER I've celebrated and slept and begun my day, right? I wonder if I could work up the nerve to kiss NotJason on the cheek later that day...This way I can go with the flow for the evening and see what plans transpire from now until then but I won't need to stress about being in the right place at the right time. Then I can find someone either that night or even later that day and give them a kiss. And a kiss on the cheek counts, too, right? It does...I say it does.

Oh phew...I feel a little better.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

haha, i am totally shunning new years this year. not sure why. but i do know that i have always hated it and this year i have chosen to let that ugly humbug become apparent to every man, woman and child i may or may not talk about new years with.

just kidding, kinda, i am avoiding making any plans with the idea that sitting at home on my couch would be more desireable. though i am not sure it will be...hhmm

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Damn, now I'm stressed!!! I think I'm with you... leave the guy at home (or wherever he decides to end up) and do your own thing. OR... kiss him earlier in the day... it's surely midnight somewhere!

manda said...

Ah! I hadn't even thought about the Midnight Kiss! So many possibilities...so much more excitement...

I'd go with the kiss during the day for NotJason - who knows what it would start??? It's a new year...new beginning...go for it!

NotCarrie said...

I've decided that any kiss from now until the end of January will count for my "New Years Kiss":) Because I realized that NotJason might not be in town on the 1st and this way, I won't be disappointed:)

Marissa said...

Okay I started stressing about NYE two weeks ago! IS that normal!? NO!!! We can stress together. I hate being single when all my friends are in relationships. Hmm. Maybe I could get Ben AND Jerry to be my NYE dates!

Larissa said...

Rest easy folks, I have friends that started making plans for New Years in October! How nuts is that? Oh and have you read the book 'Quirkyalone'? I think you would enjoy it. It's an interesting manifesto that was written by a girl who was pondering the significance of a New Years kiss and if it should really matter in the first place.

Larissa said...

oh here's the book's site

http://quirkyalone.net/qa/

Shelli said...

"And a kiss on the cheek counts, too, right? It does...I say it does."

Hehe, It does! Unless well, depends on what cheek. Ok, I went there. And Im sorry.

Anyway, dont shoot me or anything. But this is one of the reasons I got married. TO avoid the New Years Kissy thing. It's dreadful isnt it? Blah.

But yea, the cats out of the bag. I married Ben so Id have someone to smooch with at 12.

Im so with you gorgeous girls on this one. I think we should change the rules and high five instead!

~Shells xoxo
http://spankgraphics.com/blog.html