Thursday, May 05, 2005

random thoughts from a random personality

I'm walking to work this morning, and I start thinking about people who turn heads versus those who don't. It was then I came to the realization (not that this was new or surprising) that I'm not a head turner. I'll never be one of those girls a guy sees on the street and is immediately smitten with and wants to follow around like a puppy dog. I'm more the kind of girl that guys find themselves falling for slowly over time until one day they wake up and are like, "No...it can't be. Surely I don't. But, I do. I have a serious need to spend time with this woman." This may not be exactly what's running through their head, but I'm a girl that definitely involves a process. My question is what do I do if I don't ever have time for this process to happen?

3 comments:

NotCarrie said...

Interesting post! I like it and it's very thought provoking. I totally understand too because I've been in situations where I try to be around a certain person as much as possible in hopes that they will "realize". But then there's that fine line between being there and being annoying.

NotMiranda said...

Yeah, I'd definitely like to avoid stalker status, which makes me leary of "creating" scenarios where we're together. After a certain point, this is just where I want to be bold and just come out and tell him I like him.

Cheryl said...

I definitely get what your saying. My best friend is a head turner--more like a car accident causer! I involve more investment. In the end, just tell yourself, you're worth their time!